Product Code : 206 I
Origin : Afghanistan
Product Name: Jumbo Anjeer
Minerals : Figs are high in natural sugars, minerals and soluble fibre. Figs are rich in minerals including Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and Copper and are a good source of Antioxidant, Vitamins A and K that contribute to health and wellness.
Health Benefits :
They are rich in fibre: Figs are a good source of soluble fibre which helps in keeping you full for longer periods of time and relieves constipation.
They are rich in vital vitamins and minerals: Figs are rich in Vitamins A, B1 and B2, manganese and potassium, magnesium, copper, iron, and phosphorus. The high level of potassium and low level of sodium gives relief to people with hypertension.
Good source of calcium: High calcium levels present in figs promote bone health.
Boosts Immunity: Its high mucilage content helps to heal and protect sore throats. They remove harmful oestrogen from the body: Excess oestrogen hormone in the body can lead to menopausal problems, ovarian, breast and uterine cancer, weight gain and mood swings. Figs help in the elimination if the excess hormone from our body thereby avoiding the risk of getting the above situations.
Contain health boosting antioxidants: Figs contain a type of antioxidant called phenol which helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases and various types of cancer.
Acts as a digestive aid: Figs also contain beta-carotene as well as benzaldehyde (anti-cancer compound), flavonoids and a digestive enzyme called ficin.
How to Consume :
1. Indian Sweets like Barfi and Halwa: Anjeer is extensively used in making Indian sweets like barfiand halwa. The rich texture and the sweet flavour make it ideal to bind with other ingredients. For making barfi, you can use dried figs, nuts like almonds, raisins and a little amount of dates. It is said to be good for diabetics as it replaces sugar. Anjeer halwa on the other hand is commonly made during the festival of Navaratri. Doused in desi ghee, and topped with nuts, it is a relishing treat.
2. Juices and Milkshakes: People who dislike plain milk can make some delicious milkshakes or smoothies using figs. Top it up with seeds and nuts, and it can be a quick meal in itself. For juice lovers, make a fresh glass of fig juice by juicing the fruit along with a little water. Or add in other fruits like apple, pomegranate, orange or any other seasonal fruits.
3. Morning Cereal Bowl: Those who like to start their morning on a healthy note, the best bet is a bowl of cereals with a topping of fruits and nuts. You can add in fig pieces too and reap its health benefits.
4. Baked Treats: Give your baked treats an extra dose of goodness by adding in figs to cakes, breads, muffins, cookies, pies and pudding. Much like raisins, they too can add in some sweetness and enhance the flavour of the baked goodies.
5. Salads: Toss in dried figs in your bowl of fresh salads to add some crunch and sweetness. You can even roast or caramelise fresh figs and toss it along with salad leaves, veggies, nuts and dressing to make a scrumptious lunch.
6. Jams and Chutneys: Many people are under the impression that you need oodles of free time to make your own jams and chutney. Well, that’s not true! There are many simple, easy and quick recipes for making fig jams and chutneys.
Anjeer is an extremely nourishing food and should be included in one’s regular diet to make the most of the health benefits it comes attached with.