Product Code : 201
Origin : Turkey
Minerals : Dried apricots provide small amounts of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. They provide about 1,171 IU of vitamin A and 1.4 mg of vitamin E. There are only 3 mg of sodium per serving, making dried apricots a low-sodium food and a good choice for those with high blood pressure.
Health Benefits : Dried apricots, like their fresh counterparts, are powerhouses of nutrition. They contain fiber, minerals, vitamins, and essential phytochemicals. They also possess excellent texture and are known for their therapeutic benefits.
1. Help Treat Anemia
2. Relieve Constipation
3. Improve Glycemic Control And Diabetes
4. Reduce Inflammation
5. Promote Eye Health
6. Build Bone Mineral Density
7. Protect Your Skin From Damage And Aging Effects
8. Aid Pregnancy, Childbirth, And Nursing
How to Consume :
10. Fruited Rice Pilaf. Brown rice tossed with sautéed garlic, dried apricots and cranberries, raisins, silvered almonds and more! Recipe Fruited Rice Pilaf
9. Substitute for Chocolate. Hold the sprinkles and add some sweet dried apricots! Scoop your favorite low-fat ice cream over a peeled banana and sprinkle with dried apricots.
8. Apricots on a Log. A little twist on the old-time favorite—spread peanut butter in the celery groove and line chopped dried apricots on top. For a crunchier version, use a pretzel rod or apple slices instead of celery. Recipe Bookworm Apple Bark
7. Salad Topper. To add more potassium and vitamin A to your day, toss dried apricots on your favorite low-fat chicken, seafood, or pasta salad.
6. Top Your Bagel. Tired of boring bagels? Mash ripe bananas, spread over a bagel, and top with chopped dried apricots.
5. Pop a Few. Dried apricots are delicious as is! Pack a few for an energizing mid-morning or pre-workout snack!
4. Gourmet. Try a hand at your own gourmet meal with our Lamb w/Apricots & Grapes recipe.
3. Fruit Salad. Rinse and slice fresh grapes and all of your favorite fruits together for a simple treat anytime of the day. Recipe Fruit Salad (sub. dried apricots for fresh apricots)
2. Dip! Purée crumbled blue cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, dates, dried apricots, and pecans to make a creamy dip that goes great with celery, crackers, on a sandwich, on top of bagels…there are soooo many possibilities! Recipe Celery with Apricot Blue Cheese Spread
1. Apricots & Cheese. Cubed cheese, whole wheat crackers and dried apricot is a snack that appeals to both sweet tooth and salty cravings!